These cocktail meatballs are to die for! They’re the perfect dish to take to a fun New Year’s Eve party, and they’re easy to prep in advance and take with you in your new or used RV’s kitchen if you’re traveling to be with loved ones to ring in the New Year. They’re tangy, sweet, and savory all in one, and can be paired with rice, lettuce wraps, or even just eaten on their own (make sure you provide toothpicks to make serving easy!). Try out this sweet and tangy meatball recipe below!
Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 4 green onions
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds, if desired
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
You’ll also need:
- Cookie sheet
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Medium bowl
- Melon/dough baller (optional)
- Meat thermometer (helpful, but optional)
- Finely slice green onions, separating the green parts from the white.
- Combine beef, panko breadcrumbs, onion whites, grated ginger, garlic powder, and 3 Tbs water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls (I use a melon baller to help with the portioning).
If you’re planning to travel before you get to your New Year’s Eve party, stop here and freeze or refrigerate your meatballs on a cookie sheet, then transfer to a Ziploc bag. Once ready to cook, pull from fridge or freezer and let thaw fully before baking.
When ready to bake:
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil.
- Arrange meatballs on cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through (use meat thermometer if you have one. The meatballs are done when the thermometer reads 160 degrees.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Hoisin sauce and ¼ cup milk until runny and smooth.
- Coat the meatballs in the sauce and place in a serving bowl. Top with remaining onion greens and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with lettuce leaves or white rice if desired. These are delicious on their own, too!
These meatballs are incredibly easy to prep ahead of time and bake in your new or used RV from Gayle Kline. If you’re traveling to see loved ones for the New Year, contact us today. We can help you shop for a new RV or offer some RV service before you hit the road!